You were busy this year, UW.
The past 12 months have been a steady stream of commentary from you all. Sometimes you’re hilarious, sometimes you’re serious, and sometimes you’re trollin’. Most times, we love you. Without you, the submitters and the daily visitors, we wouldn’t be doing this. Your support during 2010 was amazing, and we can only hope it continues to grow as we approach 2011. In the New Year, you can expect some awesome new additions and changes to the site that we think you’re going to love.
Here are the things you talked about the most this year.
- Who could forget the epic, very racist “so, what” meme?
- Or when Mel's Diner and other UW Plaza businesses burned to the ground?
- Our campus was terrorized by geese (as usual), and by a man in a chicken suit.
- The anonymous Chevron started appearing around campus.
- We used to have a club called CASA?
- Our football team took drugs.
- The president of our school became the Governor General of our country.
- Mother Nature gave us a smack-down.
- Macleans proposed the idea that universities were "too Asian."
- A few people may have had something to say about "Bathtub Girl."
- There are criminals at our school, stealing laptops and holding people up at gunpoint.
- mathNEWS was threatened with a lawsuit.
- Construction is still annoying, but at least we'll get a Starbucks out of it.
- Christie Blatchford came to campus, shit went down.
- As always, some of you have offensive odours.
And here are the Mod's 10 favourite OMGs of the year! (in chronological order) OMG #2809:
Someone went into one of the washroom stalls I had just come out of and asked if I had used that stall. Immediately I said no thinking that I had stunk up the stall, but apparently I had just left my phone in it and they wanted to give it back. I had to get my phone back from lost and found.
It is possible to *accidentally* have anal sex.
"surpraize! butt sekz" was not just a joke, it happened to me!
Going to University for sports is like going to the circus for a hotdog. It will be a lot of hard work fighting the crowds, cost you a bit of money, but in the end you've missed the point entirely.
I saw the ugliest couple on the bus the other day. Never have I seen two people so outwardly happy and totally in love. So jealous.
I just jerked off to OMGUW... Thats how desperate I am.
Inspired by an OMG, I tried to give a tip of the hat to a bus driver but I dropped the hat mid tip. We shared a look of shame and disappointment.
I'd like to thank Movember for allowing me to grow a bitchin moustache. The hairy abomination on my upper lip is somewhat of a childhood dream this month has allowed me to realize and I secretly wish I could rock it year round.
On the 12 days of Christmas, UW gave to me.:
12 10-page essays
11 tuition emails
10 lab projects
9 heavy textbooks
8 months of stress
7 ace outages
6 minutes before my deadline
5 9am exams!!
4 research papers
3 study days
2 failed classes
and a debt that will take years to pay off!
I finally convinced my girl to let me put it in her butt. Once we were going at it, I had this sudden feeling that what I was doing was disgusting. Then I came.
Happy New Years! Party safe, UW.